Robust Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) management plans and healthy learning environments are essential components of green, healthy schools. Recognizing this importance, the first webinar in the Green Strides series will detail the role indoor air quality plays in creating a healthy school. This webinar is co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the EPA Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Program.
EPA’s IAQ Tools for Schools guidance provides schools with the tools and resources they need to create healthy indoor learning environments. Learn more about this guidance by registering for the ED’s first Green Strides Webinar on Thursday, June 21, 2012, from 1 – 2 p.m. EDT.
This free webinar will describe how the IAQ Tools for Schools guidance can help applicant schools meet the criteria for Pillar Two — healthy school environments. Hear from ED Green Ribbon Schools and IAQ Tools for Schools about why IAQ is an essential component of green and healthy schools, and how IAQ Tools for Schools guidance helped them create a robust IAQ management plan.
States, districts and schools may attend this webinar to:
- Discover why IAQ is an essential component of green and healthy schools.
- Learn how robust IAQ management plans promote academic achievement.
- Gain in-depth knowledge on how the IAQ Tools for Schools guidance provides simple, low-and no-cost resources, such as the IAQ Tools for Schools Action Kit, to create healthy learning environments.
- Hear examples of how 2012 ED-Green Ribbon Schools met the criteria for Pillar Two.
- Gather ideas for how your state agency can be better equipped to evaluate applicants with respect to Pillar Two.
This webinar is offered at no cost to participants. Don’t miss your chance to have your questions answered. Send your questions to IAQTfSConnector@cadmusgroup.com by June 14, 2012.
Please note: This webinar will last approximately 60 minutes. You will need a high-speed Internet connection and a telephone line to interact with speakers and other participants. Call-in information will be provided upon registration.