The North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) seeks to recognize individuals and organizations that excel at Environmental Education. Award recipients will be honored with a recycled glass trophy during the 2011 Annual Conference in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, at the NAAEE Awards Luncheon on Saturday, October 15, 2011. Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- The Walter E. Jeske Award: This award is given to recognize service to NAAEE and leadership within the field of environmental education.
- The Rosa Parks and Grace Lee Boggs Outstanding Service Award: This award is presented annually to an individual in recognition of their leadership to educate about and promote action that addresses environmental justice concerns at the local, regional, or global levels.
- Outstanding Service to Environmental Education by an Individual: This award is given to individuals to recognize their efforts in promoting and providing EE leadership at the local, regional, and global level.
- Outstanding Service to Environmental Education by an Organization: This award is presented to organizations to recognize their efforts in promoting and providing EE leadership at the local, regional, and global levels.
- Outstanding Contributions to Research in Environmental Education Award: This award is given each year to an individual who has exhibited a commitment to EE research through activities
- Outstanding NAAEE Affiliate Organization Award: This award is presented annually to recognize the importance, vitality, and accomplishments of EE associations affiliated with NAAEE